We are currently looking for someone to volunteer to become part of the band at The Firehouse and Real Life. This band plays every week at 9:45am on Sunday at The Firehouse and then travels to our Real Life location to setup, sound check, and lead music for worship at 11:30am. This position is shared between individuals on a rotation basis. Rehearsals are Thursday evenings from 6-8pm at The Firehouse.
The drummer is responsible for bringing leadership as a musician in church worship events for which he/she is scheduled. The ultimate goal is to support the vision of our church through worship at each individual experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the drummer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve the Worship Arts team and the church by using the skills you have developed as a musician.
- Be committed to working as a team and bringing excellence to the platform.
- Be committed to servant leadership, supporting the Music and Worship Arts Department and being receptive to feedback from the Worship Pastor.
- Be committed to serving the congregation by both maintaining and improving your skills as a drummer, as well as through your expression while on the platform.
- Attend rehearsals and be actively involved in other areas of ministry in our church.
Confirm or deny availability as early as possible.
- Become familiar with all songs before rehearsal.
- Arrive at rehearsals and sound checks early enough to be ready to start playing at call time.
- Responsible to trigger backing tracks and click tracks to assist the band.
- Strong understanding of music, including timing and tempo.
- At least two years of experience playing drums and participating in music performances.
- Openness to spiritual growth and desire to begin or further develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Qualified candidates should provide a link to a recording that demonstrates their skill in this area. Apply using the form below and we will contact you to set up an audition time.
Questions? Email [email protected]